I’ve been wanting to meet with a personal trainer for the longest. When I finally met with one last week, I thought that our meeting would involve learning and trying out different workouts. Instead the entire twenty minute meeting involved a discussion based on nutrition. He gave me a master food list, which I absolutely love and have found to be extremely helpful!
During our conversation, he narrowed in on four different fats that I should avoid: (1) Butter, (2) Mayonnaise, (3) Fried Foods, and (4) Whole-fat dairy products. He also recommended that I do my best to avoid processed foods, sugar (except for natural sugars) as well as high sodium and salty foods.
Since I love snacking, I decided to use his master food list to come up with a list of healthy foods that I could incorporate into my daily and weekly “Snack list.” I would love to hear about your favorite healthy snacks or foods!
My Snack List:
- Apples & Natural and Unsalted Peanut Butter
- Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Watermelon, and basically any fruits
- Fat-free Yogurt
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese (with pineapples or other fruits)
- Low Sodium Nuts (Almonds and cashews are my favorites)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- All Natural Popcorn
- Whole Grain Bread & Avocado
- Whole Grain Bread & Lean Ham or Turkey Breast with Hummus Spread, Tomato, Spinach or lettuce
- Hummus spread on whole grain pita/bread
- Sweet Potato Wedges (Great recipe here)
- Rice Cakes
- High Fiber Cereal (I love snacking on dry cereal)
- Oatmeal with bananas or strawberries