Today marks day four of my summer legal internship. The past few days have been very busy. So far everyone has been very friendly and nice and I’m already learning a lot! It’s a mid-size firm where I get to rotate throughout different legal departments. I’m excited about interning because I’m hoping that by rotating throughout the different departments, I can figure what I want to do. In the meantime, I’ve created a summer to-do list of fun things that I would like to do over the next few months:
1. Read at least three great novels this summer.
2. Visit different museums, especially the Guggenheim.
3. Plan a weekend getaway after my internship ends in August.
4. Plan a long distance trip for the Fall (possibly New Orleans!)
5. Learn to cook at least 6 different dinner dishes. I’m more of a baker and always feel tempted to bake something rather than cook. This summer I hope to try out different dishes.
6. Go to the beach at least 2x in July and August.
7. Update my wardrobe, which is basically my excuse to go shopping.
8. Join a yoga studio.
9. Take a public speaking class, like ToastMasters of America. I enrolled in a course years ago but found it hard to attend classes because of my schedule at the time. Public Speaking is definitely a skill that I want to work on and look forward to sharing my experiences.
10. Spend more time with my family, especially my grandmother. My grandmother has sacrificed so much for me. She left her small island of Haiti to help my mother raise me. I owe so much of who I am to her. She turns 95 this year and want to spend as time as I can with her.